This smoothie packs quite the punch. It is great on a hot summers day. The frozen banana helps makes it super refreshing. It is more like a meal than a drink and is filled with so much goodness.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 really big glass or 2 medium glasses
- 1 handful of kale (if you don't have kale then double the baby spinach below
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 1/4 of an avocado
- 1 pear, core removed and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 a frozen banana, cut into small chunks before freezing
- 2 tbsp of mint, roughly chopped
- A squeeze of lime
- 500ml water (you can also use coconut water or almond milk)
- Prepare to cook with love.
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend on high speed for a couple of minutes to get a really smooth consistency.
- Pour into a tall glass or glasses.
- Drink and enjoy.
Chew your smoothie. Yes, I said chew it! This drink is quite filling and you have just packed a whole lot of fiber and vegetables into it. While they are now liquefied and in drinking form, it is still important to mix all of these ingredients with your saliva. This helps to start the digestion process and will also make sure that you don't feel bloated and overly full after consuming it.