Basil in a smoothie?! No, I'm not crazy. This is really delicious. Combined with the blueberries and kale this drink packs quite the punch. Basil is known for its anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties. Kale and spinach are packed full of iron, vitamins, nutrients, antioxidants and fibre. Kale is also high in calcium. I could go on! At the end of the day, this is a super healthy smoothie that is loaded with amazing things that your body will thank you for.
Prep time: 5 mins
Yield: 1 big glass
- 1 small banana
- 3/4 cup of frozen or fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp of Greek Yoghurt
- 1 & 1/2 cups of unsweetened Almond Milk
- A handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1 stalk of kale, hard spine removed
- 1/4 to 1/3 of cup of basil leaves (depending on how spicy you like it. Experiment with it)
- Prepare yourself to cook with love.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender. Start with the banana then the kale and spinach and then the rest of the ingredients on top.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour into a nice big glass.
- Drink and enjoy!