This is an easy healthy meal for a busy weeknight. Turkey mince is a great source of protein and adds a great flavour to this dish. Cook up a big batch and have some for lunch the next day.
Prep Time: 15 mins
- 500g turkey mince
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 1/2 cups green cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 cups of pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup of fennel, diced
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup Brussel sprouts, ends cut off, outer leaves removed and sliced (alternatively use 1 cup of another green veggie)
- 1 x 400g can coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- Thai basil (or regular basil) to garnish
- Spring onion to garnish
- Prepare to cook with love.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and carrots. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and Brussel sprouts (or your choice of green veggies) and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the curry paste and mix well. Cook for 1 min. Add the coconut milk and mix well.
- Crumble the turkey mince into the vegetable mix. Break up any lumps. Mix well. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally breaking up any other lumps of meat.
- Serve in a bowl topped with fresh basil and spring onion.
- Eat and enjoy
- You can substitute the broccoli and Brussel sprouts for any green veggies you may prefer. I have used snow peas, kale, and zucchini in the past.
- If you can't find Thai basil, just use regular basil. It still tastes great.
- If you have leftovers and are looking for something different to have for breakfast try heating up a few spoonfuls of your leftover mix in a small pan. Then add 2-3 beaten eggs for a spicy omelet or scramble.