A delicious, creamy and satisfying way to start the day. Oats, coconut milk, cashews, hemp seeds and bananas are a powerhouse combination that makes this dish high in fibre, magnesium, calcium and other health-promoting vitamins and minerals. Hemp seeds are a complete protein and the oats, banana and coconut milk work together to keep you feeling full and satisfied well into your day. Enjoy these creamy coconut oats.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Yield: 1
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1 handful of cashews, broken into smaller pieces
- 1 heaped teaspoon of coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp of hemp seeds (optional)
- Prepare to cook with love.
- Place the oats and coconut milk in a small saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Cover and heat on a low heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring regularly. Remove from heat.
- Place half of the sliced banana in the bottom of a serving bowl.
- Pour in the creamy coconut oat mix.
- Top with remaining banana, cashews and hemp seeds. Sprinkle with coconut sugar.
- Once you have finished marvelling at the delicious breakfast you just lovingly prepared for yourself, grab a spoon and mix it all together.
- Eat and enjoy!
- You can use almonds in place of cashews if you like.
- Adding the banana in the bottom of the bowl makes them nice and warm which brings out their sweetness. You can always add the whole banana to the bowl and then pour the oats on top for some extra sweetness. Super delicious!
- Coconut sugar is a healthier alternative to regular sugar. It is low GI so it is much better for your blood sugar than regular sugar. You can find it in the health food section of your supermarket.
- While coconut milk is high in saturated fats, 50% of the fat is in the form of Lauric Acid which has amazing health benefits and makes gives the coconut milk antiviral and antibacterial properties. That being said, it is also higher in calories so consume it in moderation or choose light coconut milk.