A delicious and refreshing cold soup. Ideal for a hot summers day. Look for a Greek Yoghurt that is nice and tart but not too thick. If you can't find one just add a little more water after blending to get a nice soup consistency.
Prep time: 10 minutes plus 1 - 2 hours to chill
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers cut into chunks
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- 2 shallots (spring onions), roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp dill, stalks removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp mint, stalks removed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups of Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Finely diced red onion and cucumber
- Olive oil
- Prepare yourself to cook with love.
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and then blend on a high speed for a minute or two. You want the soup to be smooth and not chunky.
- Taste the soup. It should be nice and tart like the lemon juice and greek yoghurt. If not, add some more lemon juice to your desired taste and blend again.
- Check the consistency. If it is too thick start by adding 1/4 cup of water and blending again. Repeat this process until you get a nice soup-like consistency. I like it to be a little bit thick and not too runny.
- Taste once more. Add lemon juice if needed. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Transfer the soup to a pot or large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 -2 hours.
- Serve in a soup bowl. Drizzle with a little olive oil and garnish with finely diced cucumber and red onion.
- Eat and enjoy.