I absolutely LOVE these. They are rich, velvety and delicious. They are also gluten-free, full of fibre and the black beans are great for heart health. Cacao is also full of antioxidants and is a healthy way to get your chocolate fix.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed well and drained
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 3/4 cup of cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A little pinch Himalayan rock salt (pink salt)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Prepare to cook with love.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and puree for 2 minutes. Scrap down the sides and then puree for another 2 minutes until you have a smooth, glossy mixture.
- Pour the mix into the baking paper and back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the baking tray for a few minutes and then transfer to a cutting board to cool further.
- Cut into squares.
- Eat and enjoy.
I use 22% cacao which is quite rich. You can use 10% for a milder brownie. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.