This is one of my go-to meals post workout. I like to workout in the morning so this doubles as a great breakfast too. The banana and peanut butter are the perfect combination of foods to help our bodies start to replenish after a workout. We need some protein (the peanut butter) and carbs (banana because we need energy) so that we can build lean muscle and power through the rest of the day without feeling like our workout was one of the hardest things we've ever done! Top this dish with some sesame seeds for healthy fats and you are good to go.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 slice of wholewheat bread or sourdough
- 1/2 banana, cut into thin slices
- Peanut butter (I like to buy an all natural kind from the health food store rather than supermarket brands. They have less additives and better flavour).
- Sesame seeds
- Toast your bread then add a small amount of butter.
- Top with a generous spread of peanut butter and a little bit of honey.
- Top with sliced banana.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Eat and enjoy.