A delicious way to start your day. The fresh flavours of basil and feta go so well with avocado and freshly cooked egg.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Serves 1, or 2 if you can bring yourself to share it :)
- 2 slices of wholewheat bread or sourdough
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 1 clove of garlic
- Fresh basil leaves
- Goats cheese or feta
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare to cook with love.
- Stick your bread in the toaster. Meanwhile, cook your 2 eggs.
- Peel your garlic and slice in half. When the bread is toasted rub one half of the garlic all over to flavour it. Then drizzle both pieces with a little olive oil.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Score the 2 halves of the avocado. Scoop the flesh of half an avocado onto one piece of toast, and the other onto the other piece of toast. Sprinkle with a little salt.
- Place 3 or 4 basil leaves on top of the avocado.
- Crumble a little goats cheese or feta on top. Add your cooked egg. Season with a little pepper.
- Eat and enjoy.